I saw dead bowel...
Eww.... Each day that I've been at the hospital I've had the opportunity to scrub into surgery. I've seen so many cool things that I've only imagined being able to see in a textbook. It's absolutely crazy and amazing all at the same time. I've found that in myself I want to learn as much as I can in regards to my time doing Surgery. I'm getting a taste for what it feels like to work long hours, to be on my feet all day, see patients who are difficult and in pain, as well as scrubbing into surgery. I don't have a desire to be a general surgeon but I love scrubbing in. I love being in the OR assisting. It's thrilling to see the bodies that God created and to see how uniquely we are designed and that when life comes into play and the decisions we make can effect how our bodies function. One doctor that I'm working with said that God designed our bodies and that everything we were born with is designed to function together, and that anything man made can never be as good as those parts. I loved it because surgery is about taking something out or putting something man made in. Crazy to see and crazy to experience but I'm loving my days even though I just slept from about 10am til 5pm because I worked about 26 hours last night. I'm crazy to pay money to my school to work 26 hours straight but that's what I'm doing. I miss the real world and I miss seeing my friends.
Surviving in Surgery :)
Surviving in Surgery :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home