About Me

My Photo Name: a+c
Location: Mililani and Vallejo, Hawaii and California, United States


we have been together since 05/05/05 and we have loved every second of it. we were engaged on 09/10/10. we will be getting married on 04/23/11.

View my complete profile


  • My schedule, My life.
  • Mango, Mango, Mango...
  • Movie Hopping Madness
  • Jack and Coral
  • Homie G Funk
  • My Sister Babe
  • The cycle starts again...
  • I have a life again!
  • Do I still look the same?
  • Drugs, why do we need them?

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, October 18, 2007
ramblings from a tired medical student


Each day I have to remember that it's a new day, a day to learn. Lately I have been waking up around 7ish and staying up til at least 1am. I am extremely tired but I know that I will have some time to rest up and relax after exams are over.

I go to school each day leaving the house at 7:30am knowing that I won't leave until 5pm. I know that I will then return to the library to study til I'm blue in the face.

That is the life. My life is scheduled and set and I know what I'm going to do everyday. I know what I'm going to eat (everything that is in my freezer).

Side note: I have decided not to buy anymore food. I have food in the freezer, I have dry noodle roni type foods, and lots and lots of cereal. I take up more room in the freezer than any one person should. I've done fairly well so far and have been good about not going out to eat too much and not buying anything. I rely on getting my fresh produce from my roommate. She gets produce delivered every Thursday and there is always more than she can eat herself. I don't mind helping her out when I can.

And I know when I'm going to sleep.

Life has been good. I am house sitting for my Pastor and his wife starting tomorrow, for 1 week. I get a whole house to myself and it's only 2-3 minutes from school. It's on the island where I go to school and I could walk if I wanted to (I probably won't, that would require getting up earlier and I'm hoping to sleep in just a little). I am so thankful for them. They have given me a support group while I've been living here in California. I believe that God is using them on their trip to teach missionaries in China not just to do His work overseas but to do His work in me. It is such a blessing that I will be able to spend more time at school and not worry about driving home late while extremely tired (my home is only 15 minutes school, but when it goes down to 2-3 min, it will be oh so nice).

Praise be to God. Last night I was very focused and got all the things that I had wanted to get done, done! Woo hoo. Only another week and then exams. I'm hoping that this focused streak of mine will last. I need prayer that I won't burn out. I need reminders from our Father that this is His plan. Thanks so much for all the encouragement. It means a lot to me to know that I have the support I need from friends and family at home. It helps me to know that you want to know what's been going on. Lately, I've been getting comments from people who I didn't even know read this. Still a little weird to me, writing isn't necessarily my medium or form of communication. I feel like I just ramble. So be it.

love,
ramblings from a tired medical student

P.S. I love Sushi and yesterday was Marky's Birthday.

He's now 13. Isn't he just the cutest!

Labels: Family, Hawaii, School

posted by a+c | 7:45 PM



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home