My schedule, My life.
Lately I've been working and studying a lot. I have exams coming up starting Oct 29 - Nov 2nd. I am definitely in need of preparing for the length that these exams are going to be and the amount of material that they cover. Doctors need to know so much and I don't blame the process that I am going through, but goodness gracious, will it ever lighten up?
From talking to my profs and upperclassmen, it won't ever change. I will forever be a student. When I become a full fledged practicing doc who can be referred to as Dr. Peterson, not the current Student Dr. Peterson, I take CMEs (Continuing Medical Education credits). Technology and drugs and techniques change all the time and will continue to change because we live in this world where change happens like in the blink of an eye.
I think about being the doctor that God wants me to be and I feel that I will never live up to it. I learn so much from fellow classmates, upperclassmen, and teachers. I wonder when I'll be that good. I wonder when it will become second nature. I'm not worried though. I have a peace and assurance in my hear that this is where God wants me to be but I want to be "GREAT!" I want to be the best doctor there is. I want to treat kids and moms and dads and grandmas and grandpas.
It is pretty amazing how far I've come in just a year of med school. I'm only in my second year and I've already learned so much. Pray for me. Pray for all the doctors out there. God has given us this great responsibility and I pray everyday that I will take it seriously. I thank Him for this special gift of touch, love, and a desire to do His great work.
Following is a kid from my church. I've met with him and his mother now for 3 treatment sessions. I want to talk more about osteopathy and what osteopathic manipulative medicine is, but we have had them come in for 3 treatment sessions. We have done a lot of cranial work on him (look at The Cranial Academy for more info). He is such a cute kid. Love him to death.
From talking to my profs and upperclassmen, it won't ever change. I will forever be a student. When I become a full fledged practicing doc who can be referred to as Dr. Peterson, not the current Student Dr. Peterson, I take CMEs (Continuing Medical Education credits). Technology and drugs and techniques change all the time and will continue to change because we live in this world where change happens like in the blink of an eye.
I think about being the doctor that God wants me to be and I feel that I will never live up to it. I learn so much from fellow classmates, upperclassmen, and teachers. I wonder when I'll be that good. I wonder when it will become second nature. I'm not worried though. I have a peace and assurance in my hear that this is where God wants me to be but I want to be "GREAT!" I want to be the best doctor there is. I want to treat kids and moms and dads and grandmas and grandpas.
It is pretty amazing how far I've come in just a year of med school. I'm only in my second year and I've already learned so much. Pray for me. Pray for all the doctors out there. God has given us this great responsibility and I pray everyday that I will take it seriously. I thank Him for this special gift of touch, love, and a desire to do His great work.
Following is a kid from my church. I've met with him and his mother now for 3 treatment sessions. I want to talk more about osteopathy and what osteopathic manipulative medicine is, but we have had them come in for 3 treatment sessions. We have done a lot of cranial work on him (look at The Cranial Academy for more info). He is such a cute kid. Love him to death.
1 Comments:
You ARE God's hands... what a blessing!! You have so much encouragement and support from here. Pretty soon we will have yet another person on this planet who will think you are great and hope to be a patient of yours someday in addition to a friend. Sending love and prayers.
Post a Comment
<< Home