About Me

My Photo Name: a+c
Location: Mililani and Vallejo, Hawaii and California, United States


we have been together since 05/05/05 and we have loved every second of it. we were engaged on 09/10/10. we will be getting married on 04/23/11.

View my complete profile


  • Pathology, smashology...
  • I love the kitchen table.
  • Wowser...
  • A little "tag"
  • Hot Hot Heat
  • Favorite pictures from this summer
  • tu.edu
  • Busy Busy Busy
  • It's been a long time...
  • Touro Prom

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, September 05, 2007
I see stars...

I am now 4 tests down with 3 more to go. The two hardest ones are on Monday and Tuesday but I know that I'll make it. I can't wait for Tuesday at 4pm. I'll be done with the 7th set of Block Exams that I have taken.

So... yesterday, before and after my Psych exam (which happened to be one of the easiest tests of my life), I chose to go to my other usual choice of places to study. The local Starbucks. I go in there and never order anything. I have my own little cup filled with my own stuff from home. If I do order something it's usually a Venti water with no ice. I always wonder if they hate me. I used to work at Starbucks and think that people who come and use my place of work to study and not buy anything are just taking up space. But now I do the same thing. I must say that I try to remember to tip them when they get me my Venti water.

Yesterday, after my exam I went to Starbucks and studied for a few hours. Then proceeded to day dream and not really pay attention to what I was doing, so I knew that it was time to go home and take a nap. So that's what I did. I went home at 7pm and ended up taking a nap until 11:30pm. What a nap! I was so awake after that, and ended up studying til 3am. I then went back to sleep and woke up at 6:45am. I have to say that when you need to sleep, you need to sleep. I didn't expect that I would do that, but I sure did feel good afterwards.

Today, I finished my OMM (Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine) exam and was slightly frustrated and disappointed by some of the questions. The answer choices were worded very poorly. I came out of that exam thinking that since I know my OMM, why am I so frustrated. I kept telling my roommate that I have books and other materials that will back up the answer that I chose if I get some wrong. Wowser!!! What a way to feel after taking a test in a subject that you love.

I'm now studying for another big exam. This one is really testing my "doctor" knowledge. I have to know all these musculoskeletal conditions (i.e. rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, Paget's disease, fractures, dislocations, etc). I have to know what they are, what the clinical presentations are, and what the standard treatments are. Wow. So much info to know to be a doctor. Aren't you all just so thrilled that I'm learning it! I'm going to be the best doctor.

I'm not too stressed out, but prayers are always needed. I love you guys. Can't wait to visit and see Reno soon.

Take care! Appreciate the 'good' doctors out there. I'll be one soon enough.

C

Labels: Blocks

posted by a+c | 4:58 PM



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"was slightly frustrated and disappointed by some of the questions. The answer choices were worded very poorly. I came out of that exam thinking that since I know my OMM, why am I so frustrated."

Oh Coral - that is how ALL 4 years of my undergrad went. It was one of the reasons I mostly hated the CS degree and never want to program. Too sad! But I pray that this is not the norm for you. It's important to not get bitter and jaded about things you would otherwise like, just because of bad experiences. I LOVE you! Love the updates!

9/07/2007 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home