I have a life again!
I finished my last exam Tuesday afternoon. It's finally over... I have 5 more sets of exams and I will be done with my second year and will be done being in classes. I will then have to jet off and do my clinical rotations (which I hear can be more of a nightmare than classes).
Sometime over the weekend I talked to my mom and she suggested coming down to see me Tuesday evening and then driving home with me to Reno on Thursday. I was ecstatic and thought what a great opportunity to share time with my mom. I love it.
Tuesday after my exam all I wanted to do was go home and veg and watch TV. I love and adore TV. At that time I hadn't gotten the chance that I wanted to watch the shows that I love, so whenever I do get the chance I grab it. That's what I did. I watched TV, did laundry, and started to clean the mess I had made in my room (and hallway). I then went to play indoor soccer and immediately afterwards went home to watch the premiere of the "Biggest Loser" on our TIVO. I love the "Biggest Loser" and will talk about that obsession at another time. My mom called and I went to get her in Oakland (she takes a bus from Reno to Oakland whenever she comes down to see me).
Whew!! What a day. Slept and felt refreshed for an outing that my roommate and I had been planning for some time. We decided that after our exams we wanted to go and explore the 'city' being San Francisco. We grabbed my mom and made our way into the city! These are the pictures that I took of us in the city. Our adventure included getting lost, finding lower and upper Haight, eating raw/vegetarian all day (my roommate is raw and my mom got sick from eating raw, she ended up detoxing a little), seeing $28 million homes, and having a great relaxing time.



My mom and I eating a raw coconut cream pie, called "I am devoted", at Cafe Gratitude. This place is great because all of their items are called things like "I am beautiful" "I am cherished" etc. You feel so good and positive here!

The busy and rolling streets of San Francisco
Sometime over the weekend I talked to my mom and she suggested coming down to see me Tuesday evening and then driving home with me to Reno on Thursday. I was ecstatic and thought what a great opportunity to share time with my mom. I love it.
Tuesday after my exam all I wanted to do was go home and veg and watch TV. I love and adore TV. At that time I hadn't gotten the chance that I wanted to watch the shows that I love, so whenever I do get the chance I grab it. That's what I did. I watched TV, did laundry, and started to clean the mess I had made in my room (and hallway). I then went to play indoor soccer and immediately afterwards went home to watch the premiere of the "Biggest Loser" on our TIVO. I love the "Biggest Loser" and will talk about that obsession at another time. My mom called and I went to get her in Oakland (she takes a bus from Reno to Oakland whenever she comes down to see me).
Whew!! What a day. Slept and felt refreshed for an outing that my roommate and I had been planning for some time. We decided that after our exams we wanted to go and explore the 'city' being San Francisco. We grabbed my mom and made our way into the city! These are the pictures that I took of us in the city. Our adventure included getting lost, finding lower and upper Haight, eating raw/vegetarian all day (my roommate is raw and my mom got sick from eating raw, she ended up detoxing a little), seeing $28 million homes, and having a great relaxing time.
My mom and I eating a raw coconut cream pie, called "I am devoted", at Cafe Gratitude. This place is great because all of their items are called things like "I am beautiful" "I am cherished" etc. You feel so good and positive here!
One of my favorite signs that I saw all day, I've never seen a Starbucks sign like this before. Loved it and loved the people that were walking in and out!
Our day was such fun and I can't wait to take another adventure and get lost so we can see new places in the city that I haven't before.
Labels: Me
1 Comments:
Yay for a break!! :) I'm glad you were able to enjoy your time off, hope things don't get too intense too soon! :D
Post a Comment
<< Home