Mid Pons, Caudal Midbrain, Rostral Medulla...???

I have my first two tests for this block in about 4 hours. Ahh... my timestamp is off. It's 7:17am. I woke up at 4:30. Studied for about an hour and couldn't handle it and had to go back to sleep til 6:00am. I went to bed last night around 11:30. Sleep is such a strange thing. I wanted to take a nap and then get up again to study but I couldn't do it. I was too tired and finally at 4:00ish I decided I should probably get up.I am studying these brain slices and these different cranial nerves and nuclei of the brain. I never knew there was so much to our brain. Next semester I'll be learning about how if you get a hematoma or a lesion to a certain part of your brain how that will effect your body or vice versa. If a patient comes and presents with little or no sensation to the Right side of his body, then I have to wonder if his Cranial Nerve is not getting blood or if there is a direct lesion. I never thought that I would know this much. It's a little ridiculous. Too many pictures and names in my head. Today's practical exam is only 12 questions. That's it and I've been studying and cramming brain images into my head since 8pm last night. Nuts. I'm going nuts.
Good news though! Tonight, my roommate, Tamara, is taking me out to Benihana's for my birthday. A few other friends are coming as well and we're carpooling to the city so they can't back out on me (J/K) It'll be tons of fun and I can't wait for a little break. I will then start a round of 8 tests on Monday. 2 on Monday, 2 on Tuesday, 1 on Wednesday, 2 on Thursday and the last one on Friday!
Can't wait.
Thanks for the prayers.
Love, Coral
PS. Answer is Rostral Medulla.
Labels: Touro
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home