My time is almost up...
I haven't had enough time here in Hawaii. It's absolutely nuts how sometimes time can go by so fast but sometimes drag on and on.
I will be leaving in just a few days. I feel I already miss it even though I'm still here.
I called my family yesterday and talked to them for a while. The time difference was making it hard to reach them. Mary, Mark, and my Mom are currently in Beijing, China. They left last night and are going to be there for 2 weeks. I want to go with them but I guess that's the life of a medical student. You can't do anything you want because your life is not your own.
During the conversation my Mom gave me some bad news. My Grandma on my Mom's side had surgery about 3 months ago to remove a tumor. The tumor is now growing back and has already grown to about 5 inches in diameter. She is not doing well because she is refusing to eat and exercise. I was sitting in Starbucks when I found out and just felt a sense of helplessness. I can't do anything but pray. She's not a Christian and I was just thinking about her fate. She's the absolute best and I can't imagine not being able to see her. I don't know why it's happening again but I almost had a sense when I saw her in July that she was already giving up. I asked my Mom if there were any plans to see her during the holidays and as of yet, there aren't. My Mom will be seeing her at the beginning of November when she returns from China and I pray that it will be good. If anything, I pray that the people around her will continue to be strong and show her the Love of Jesus. It's so hard because the time is now.
"The time is now." I remember back in HS when I heard that at church. It's hitting me now. You have to live life to the fullest now. I was thinking about how life can seem so unfair but then I sat back and realized that God has a plan for everything. Whatever His plan is for my Grandma it's going to be the best plan and ultimately she's going to need to choose and let go of her own control on her life. I can't do anything but pray for that.
I love being in Hawaii and being with Aaron. It's been an awesome break even though I've been studying. I love love it.
I will be leaving in just a few days. I feel I already miss it even though I'm still here.
I called my family yesterday and talked to them for a while. The time difference was making it hard to reach them. Mary, Mark, and my Mom are currently in Beijing, China. They left last night and are going to be there for 2 weeks. I want to go with them but I guess that's the life of a medical student. You can't do anything you want because your life is not your own.
During the conversation my Mom gave me some bad news. My Grandma on my Mom's side had surgery about 3 months ago to remove a tumor. The tumor is now growing back and has already grown to about 5 inches in diameter. She is not doing well because she is refusing to eat and exercise. I was sitting in Starbucks when I found out and just felt a sense of helplessness. I can't do anything but pray. She's not a Christian and I was just thinking about her fate. She's the absolute best and I can't imagine not being able to see her. I don't know why it's happening again but I almost had a sense when I saw her in July that she was already giving up. I asked my Mom if there were any plans to see her during the holidays and as of yet, there aren't. My Mom will be seeing her at the beginning of November when she returns from China and I pray that it will be good. If anything, I pray that the people around her will continue to be strong and show her the Love of Jesus. It's so hard because the time is now.
"The time is now." I remember back in HS when I heard that at church. It's hitting me now. You have to live life to the fullest now. I was thinking about how life can seem so unfair but then I sat back and realized that God has a plan for everything. Whatever His plan is for my Grandma it's going to be the best plan and ultimately she's going to need to choose and let go of her own control on her life. I can't do anything but pray for that.
I love being in Hawaii and being with Aaron. It's been an awesome break even though I've been studying. I love love it.
Labels: Aaron
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home