About Me

My Photo Name: a+c
Location: Mililani and Vallejo, Hawaii and California, United States


we have been together since 05/05/05 and we have loved every second of it. we were engaged on 09/10/10. we will be getting married on 04/23/11.

View my complete profile


  • Laura is Amazing!
  • Aaron and Coral's first hair cut
  • Wow
  • I made it.
  • Anatomy
  • First Day cont.
  • First Day
  • These are my classes...
  • ahhh... Orientation day 2
  • First day of medical school...

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, August 24, 2006
Week 3

PS to last post.

Laura is even more amazing because people who read her blog have now read mine. I'm feeling loved. Thanks LaLa.

Umm... in response to a comment. I have not had any tests yet. I just got my Block I exam schedule. The week of September 11 to September 15 I have 9 Exams. About 2 a day. I don't know how I'm going to handle it but I've already been studying for them. Every 5-6 weeks I have a set of exams. This is my first set and I will even post how I did on them. I hope that I will be an A student but who knows.

I am super excited that I'm almost to the end of my 3rd week. It's finally sinking in. I'm going to be a DOCTOR.

I'm in the library where I'm supposed to be reviewing my notes but here I am blogging. I am waiting for my Physical Diagnosis class at 3pm. Today we will be giving breast exams on a model (plastic, mind you). We will also then be teaching our partners how to do a self breast exam. I know that it will be a great experience and when I get home; girls, we will have a little party at my house and I will teach every single one of you how to do a self breast exam. By that time I will have become an expert.

I know how to take blood pressures and find pulses. I've cut into and have now dissected my cadaver. I have done a laminectomy, which is where we cut into the lamina of the vertebra and expose the spinal cord. It is the coolest thing ever. God is so amazing and is so detailed. Absolutely amazing. Every time I learn more and more about the human body and about how and why things happen, I love and believe in God more and more!

Now that my 3 week period is almost up, I need a little prayer. I have been feeling a little sick and on the phone this morning, I asked Aaron if he would pray for me. Of course he did and it made me feel better. Please pray that I get better. That my sniffles and sore throat are my Fall allergies kicking in. I need prayer on making sure I take the time to get closer to God. God is the reason why I am here and I feel that God has called me to school. Even though I am following Him and believe that studying is an act of worship to Him, I know that I need to spend time with Him. I have a hard time doing that. I will especially have a hard time when I have my 1st set of Blocks. He amazes me more each day and I know that everything I'm learning is so exciting because He has given me that excitement.

Everyone has been such an encouragement to me and I love that you all care so much about me and what I am doing. Thank you! Props x2 to everyone who reads this.

Love Love

posted by a+c | 1:34 PM



1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Good luck when your first exam period comes!!

I think the coolest thing in Anatomy was the spinal cord, although getting to it was a little rough.

I hope you feel better soon!!

8/24/2006 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home