First day of medical school...
Alright.
I just went through my first day. It wasn't quite medical school but it was my first day of orientation. It wasn't as much fun or as exciting as I thought it would be but it was a great experience to meet all 130 people who I will be sharing the next 4 years with. I am settled in and have gone to a few social gatherings and I must say that people are the same everywhere. Whether you are in high school, Hawaii, college, or medical school... there are still the cool kids, the geeks, the older kids, and me!
I enjoyed getting to know my faculty members, my classmates, and my advisor. I couldn't have asked for a better intro but it was a little dry. They tried not to be too "cheesy" about all of us becoming doctors but they just made it a little boring. For the most part the day was awesome!
Orientation went from 8am to 5pm. We had intros of faculty and self intros of each student, panels, group break out sessions with 2nd year students, lunch with our advisors, and CPR training. I loved it. It was a long but worthwhile day.
Afterwards, my housemates and I went to Applebee's and then to the Napa Premium Outlets. We went home and had dinner and then went to Chris's Club in Vallejo for a social gathering of 1st year students.
It was a packed day. Thursday... we start at 1pm and then have a 5 mile run around campus at 5pm and then dinner at Chevy's at 7pm. Wow!
PS. My housemates are very healthy and in turn I have been eating healthy. For breakfast I had Maple & Brown Sugar instant oatmeal with skim, a Dannon blueberry light & fit yogurt, and a huge glass of water. For lunch I had a kosher turkey/roast beef sandwich (no lettuce, no mayo, no nothing), pasta salad, 2 chocolate chip cookies, and a huge bottle of water. For dinner I had a spinach salad with cottage cheese, carrots, with light Italian, pasta with zucchini, and 4 potstickers, and get this WATER! I'm loving the healthy food but then tonight I couldn't handle it anymore and got some fried mozzarella sticks, zucchini, and calamari.
I love it so far and it can only get better and harder!
I just went through my first day. It wasn't quite medical school but it was my first day of orientation. It wasn't as much fun or as exciting as I thought it would be but it was a great experience to meet all 130 people who I will be sharing the next 4 years with. I am settled in and have gone to a few social gatherings and I must say that people are the same everywhere. Whether you are in high school, Hawaii, college, or medical school... there are still the cool kids, the geeks, the older kids, and me!
I enjoyed getting to know my faculty members, my classmates, and my advisor. I couldn't have asked for a better intro but it was a little dry. They tried not to be too "cheesy" about all of us becoming doctors but they just made it a little boring. For the most part the day was awesome!
Orientation went from 8am to 5pm. We had intros of faculty and self intros of each student, panels, group break out sessions with 2nd year students, lunch with our advisors, and CPR training. I loved it. It was a long but worthwhile day.
Afterwards, my housemates and I went to Applebee's and then to the Napa Premium Outlets. We went home and had dinner and then went to Chris's Club in Vallejo for a social gathering of 1st year students.
It was a packed day. Thursday... we start at 1pm and then have a 5 mile run around campus at 5pm and then dinner at Chevy's at 7pm. Wow!
PS. My housemates are very healthy and in turn I have been eating healthy. For breakfast I had Maple & Brown Sugar instant oatmeal with skim, a Dannon blueberry light & fit yogurt, and a huge glass of water. For lunch I had a kosher turkey/roast beef sandwich (no lettuce, no mayo, no nothing), pasta salad, 2 chocolate chip cookies, and a huge bottle of water. For dinner I had a spinach salad with cottage cheese, carrots, with light Italian, pasta with zucchini, and 4 potstickers, and get this WATER! I'm loving the healthy food but then tonight I couldn't handle it anymore and got some fried mozzarella sticks, zucchini, and calamari.
I love it so far and it can only get better and harder!
2 Comments:
Wow, sounds like you are doing great! I can’t wait to see pictures! I’m so proud of you
:-) Your new healthy menu sounds like what eat! I can’t seem to get enough water in me though…which is good but my bladder isn’t what it used to be (I blame the baby!). But Anywho, I love you and I’m glad your keeping us all updated!
You guys are the best! Thanks so much. Love. C
Post a Comment
<< Home