California.
I am moved. Most of my stuff is put away and I've had new experiences and "first" moments with my housemates. I will have pictures up before you know. I'm trying to get my room clean which I'm not known for and then I will have before and after pictures. I must say that the house is absolutely amazing and my housemates are even more so.
I've received a lot of encouraging emails from people and I can't wait to share the joys and pitfalls of medical school. I think that if I can get through these first two years I will be fine. I love the place I live in.
Yesterday, my mom, sister, and I, got to my house around 4 or so. We had a late start from Reno because I had to get a key from a friend, then run to Dillard's and retrieve my credit card which I left there, and then wait for the uniform shop to open up so I could get my scrubs for lab. We got to Sacramento in good time and my car did a wonderful job. I'm so proud of my old car and I'm glad that it made it to California in one piece. I was a little worried but it did wonderfully. We ate and bought groceries in Sacramento. Then we continued on to American Canyon. Arrived and unloaded my stuff, now for the 3rd time. I then dropped mom and sister to the Vallejo Ferry terminal and they went to SF to visit a family friend.
I met my housemate, Nicole. I think she is so open and friendly and I love that about her. We went to Target and Costco and got some much needed items. When we arrived at Target we had our 1st "first" moment because my car reached 100,000 miles. That picture will be up as well.
Last night I tried my best to put everything away and organize. I stayed up til about 1am and then I couldn't sleep for the life of me. I don't know if it's because I'm in a new place or am nervous but I pray that I will sleep better tonight. I don't even really feel tired right now but I know that I need sleep. Because I couldn't sleep very well I woke up at 7am. I watched Felicity for about 1/2 hour on WE and then went to 24 Hour Fitness. On my way back I saw so many garage sales and couldn't resist and stopped at about 5-6 houses. I bought a big wicker basket for 50¢, a small shoe rack for $1.00, and a mirror for $2.00. I was so proud of myself.
hmm... Today I also went "big girl" grocery shopping for the very first time (as said by Nicole). I loved it and I was proud of myself because I didn't spend too much money. I miss everyone already but can't wait for school to start. Nicole and Tamara are my new housemates and they are great. I love that I live in a house. I am thankful that God has provided.
Love C
PS... Can anyone tell me how to find an IP address of a computer? (L?) I need to get my wireless going on my laptop but for some reason it won't connect to the main hub/network computer. Please help.
I've received a lot of encouraging emails from people and I can't wait to share the joys and pitfalls of medical school. I think that if I can get through these first two years I will be fine. I love the place I live in.
Yesterday, my mom, sister, and I, got to my house around 4 or so. We had a late start from Reno because I had to get a key from a friend, then run to Dillard's and retrieve my credit card which I left there, and then wait for the uniform shop to open up so I could get my scrubs for lab. We got to Sacramento in good time and my car did a wonderful job. I'm so proud of my old car and I'm glad that it made it to California in one piece. I was a little worried but it did wonderfully. We ate and bought groceries in Sacramento. Then we continued on to American Canyon. Arrived and unloaded my stuff, now for the 3rd time. I then dropped mom and sister to the Vallejo Ferry terminal and they went to SF to visit a family friend.
I met my housemate, Nicole. I think she is so open and friendly and I love that about her. We went to Target and Costco and got some much needed items. When we arrived at Target we had our 1st "first" moment because my car reached 100,000 miles. That picture will be up as well.
Last night I tried my best to put everything away and organize. I stayed up til about 1am and then I couldn't sleep for the life of me. I don't know if it's because I'm in a new place or am nervous but I pray that I will sleep better tonight. I don't even really feel tired right now but I know that I need sleep. Because I couldn't sleep very well I woke up at 7am. I watched Felicity for about 1/2 hour on WE and then went to 24 Hour Fitness. On my way back I saw so many garage sales and couldn't resist and stopped at about 5-6 houses. I bought a big wicker basket for 50¢, a small shoe rack for $1.00, and a mirror for $2.00. I was so proud of myself.
hmm... Today I also went "big girl" grocery shopping for the very first time (as said by Nicole). I loved it and I was proud of myself because I didn't spend too much money. I miss everyone already but can't wait for school to start. Nicole and Tamara are my new housemates and they are great. I love that I live in a house. I am thankful that God has provided.
Love C
PS... Can anyone tell me how to find an IP address of a computer? (L?) I need to get my wireless going on my laptop but for some reason it won't connect to the main hub/network computer. Please help.
1 Comments:
congrats on your big move coral! i am excited to hear about your new adventures in medical school. i pray that you will adjust quickly and see the ways that god desires to use you in your new house, your new city, and in your new studies!
peace and love,
chrissie
Post a Comment
<< Home